Friday, July 29, 2016

A Summer Trip to North Wales

It has become a tradition for my mum and I to meet up in England and then head to North Wales for a little holiday in the wonderful Abersoch area.  Situated on the Llyn Peninsular, we were treated to sea views and the majestic mountains all in one place.  I call this my Happy Place.

We stayed in a fabulous B&B called Tide's Reach in Criccieth.  The sea fronted townhouse boasted the most gorgeous views and was overlooked by the 15th century castle atop the hill.  




The view from the front guest room at Tide's Reach. 






Our twin room at Tide's Reach was lovely.  Best of all were the English/Welsh breakfasts cooked each morning for us!  



Looking up at the castle from our B&B.  




 Little old me on the beach outside our guest house.  Morning strolls were a blessing!  



Not every day provided glorious sunshine, but the chance to enjoy the fresh air and seaside feel was too good to be missed.  a stroll alongside Abersoch Harbour and the walkway to one of the beaches at this vibrant seaside town was a great time to catch up on our news and stretch our legs.


Each of the benches alongside the walkway to the beach was dedicated to a loved one who had passed.  What a truly beautiful place to be remembered.  


Right at the tip of the peninsular is Aberdaron, a sleepy little Welsh seaside village with one of the best beached around!  The l13th century little white house is now a cafe, but it used to serve as a resting place for monks traveling to a nearby island where there was a monastery.  


A truly beautiful beach but be warned....the name of this paradise is Hell's Mouth.  Ships have been wrecked by the hidden rocks on many occasion.  The sand, while seemingly so inviting, is also known to have quicksand-like properties.  Yet is it a real draw for surfers who love the waves coming into this cove.  We prefer to enjoy this gem from afar!  


They say home is where the heart is and I have to confess I could live in the village of Llanbedrog with this landmark boathouse, "Foxhole' on the beach.  As a child I would see this house from a distance, from the rocks I used to climb at the far end of the mile long beach.  Now we stay at the side with the little cafe and sandy beach area, and look more closely at this charming little house.  





Of course my careful eating plan went out the window while I was on holiday with my mum.  We enjoyed the fresh foods of North Wales and discovered some really charming eateries.  (More on that in a future post.)  I also got to share some of my jewelry pieces with the locals and get inspiration for new lines too.  



Finally, the door I fell in love with.  In the heart of Llanbedrog, right next to the little church, sits a house with this door.  I imagine it could belong to a Hobbit, or a Lord of the Manor, or be a doorway to a mystical land.  That's how I like to think about doors!  

Join me soon for more on my trip to North Wales.  It was a refreshing and much needed break which recharged my positive energy.  

Links are provided to help you learn more about my Happy Place.  I am not affiliated with any of these places and receive no payment for sharing them with you.  

Let me know where your Happy Place is!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. If you have questions, let me know and I will get back to you asap. Or just say hello :)