Monday, February 17, 2014

The Chunky Monkey



This is one of the early items to appear in the first incarnation of my shop.  It was designed and created by my son, the cancer warrior.  This bracelet trio is mine; I sold similar items based on this design.  It was very popular as a summer item.  I eventually ran out of fun beads that worked for the piece and so The Chunky Monkey was retired.  I'm often asked to do more and have created a couple that were not posted in my shop.

Sometimes these items did not work out.  Although the bracelets are created with a mish-mash of random beads, they only work if the right beads are selected.  Then, the way the beads are threaded on the elastic had to be right or the whole thing just looks odd and imbalanced.

I wanted you to see the original work that began my journey in jewelry creation.  Please let me know if you have any questions...what do you think?  Should I reinstate The Chunky Monkey in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think. If you have questions, let me know and I will get back to you asap. Or just say hello :)